Topics

XSL-FO PDF Title numbering + font style #PDF #XSLT #FOP

chichak1995@...

Hi,
I've been trying to implement the title numbering for PDF and I found a code on the github (https://github.com/oxygenxml/dita-ot-numbering/blob/master/customization.xsl) that works great. I've been using it for a few months now and so far I didn't have any problems until today. My documentation is growing from day to day and today I had to create the 6th subsection to my ditamap.

<map>
<topicref href="...">
  <topicref href="..."/>
    <topicref href="..."/>
      <topicref href="..."/>
        <topicref href="..."/>
          <topicref href="..."/>
        </topicref>
      </topicref>
    </topicref>
  </topicref>
</topicref>
</map>

The problem is that starting from 6th level, the title is not bolded anymore. I get the correct numbering next to the title using the github code I provided, which means that it contains correct class/topic tag. What I don't understand why isn't it picking the right properties also.

I was hoping someone had similar problem and could help me solve this?

Nicolas Delobel

Hi,

By default 6th level don't have bold as font-style. I think you have to modify following attribute set (that corresponds to 6th level) to change font-style as you want.

<xsl:attribute-set name="topic.topic.topic.topic.topic.topic.title" use-attribute-sets="base-font common.title">
        <xsl:attribute name="start-indent"><xsl:value-of select="$side-col-width"/></xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:attribute name="font-style">italic</xsl:attribute>
        <xsl:attribute name="keep-with-next.within-column">always</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

chichak1995@...

That was fast. Thank you this worked perfectly!

Julio J Vazquez

The real question is why are you messed that deep? That number of levels must be frustrating to authors and readers.

Julio J. Vazquez

chichak1995@...

Not really sure, it was the decision authors made together, I'm just there as technical support.