Topics

xref to a folder: validation fails

Yves Barbion

Hi group

When I validate my topic, I get this validation error:

Reference points to a folder instead of a file: "C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 21\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT3.x\plugins".

and this warning:

Reference with external scope to non-DITA resource does not have the "format" attribute set correctly on it.

Indeed, the reference does point to a folder, but I don't have "folder" as an option the in the @format attribute values.

Any ideas how I can avoid this validation error?

Kind regards

Yves

Radu Coravu

Hi Yves,

You should definitely set a @format attribute on the xref, otherwise it's interpreted as a reference to a DITA resource.

The @format attribute can take any value, Oxygen just proposes some of the most used ones.

But I'm not sure what you want to obtain or what you'll obtain in the published output, when you click on that link in the generated HTML or PDF what will you expect to happen? Will you expect a file explorer to open up? This will probably not happen.

On 8/10/20 11:16 AM, Yves Barbion wrote:

Hi group

When I validate my topic, I get this validation error:

Reference points to a folder instead of a file: "C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 21\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT3.x\plugins".

and this warning:

Reference with external scope to non-DITA resource does not have the "format" attribute set correctly on it.

Indeed, the reference does point to a folder, but I don't have "folder" as an option the in the @format attribute values.

Any ideas how I can avoid this validation error?

Kind regards

Yves

Yves Barbion

Hi Radu

ah yes, I missed that one: I can just set @format="folder" but indeed, I had expected a file explorer to open up when I click on that xref in HTML or PDF but indeed, it doesn't happen. So I guess an xref is of no use here and the user can just copy the path in the webhelp and paste it into his file explorer himself.

Thank you for your help again.

Kind regards

Yves