Topics

Word2DITA plug-in: cross-references

Pieterjan Vandenweghe

I am using the Word2DITA plug-in for the conversion of Word files to DITA.
This works fine for me in most cases, but I have a problem when cross-references are inserted in the DOCX files.

The links to all cross-references are lost in my final DITA files.
Is there any support for cross-references in the plug-in? (If I am correct, hyperlinks added with the Insert > Link feature in Word is supported).
Is there anyone who can help me to solve this or give me an idea how get this done?

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply.
Pieterjan

ekimber@contrext.com

Please file an issue on the word2dita github project and provide a DOCX file that demonstrates the issue and I'll take a look at it.

https://github.com/dita4publishers/org.dita4publishers.word2dita/issues

I’m not sure I understand the difference between hyperlinks and cross references in this context, so I you can describe how the cross references are created that will help too.

On 10/13/20, 10:54 AM, "Pieterjan Vandenweghe" <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of pieterjan.vandenweghe@...> wrote:

I am using the Word2DITA plug-in for the conversion of Word files to DITA.
This works fine for me in most cases, but I have a problem when cross-references are inserted in the DOCX files.

The links to all cross-references are lost in my final DITA files.
Is there any support for cross-references in the plug-in? (If I am correct, hyperlinks added with the Insert > Link feature in Word is supported).
Is there anyone who can help me to solve this or give me an idea how get this done?

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply.
Pieterjan

ekimber@contrext.com

I've merged the initial implementation for handling REF complex fields to the develop branch of the https://github.com/dita4publishers/org.dita4publishers.word2dita project. I'm not quite ready to make a formal release but you should be able to download the project and test it.

This update also provides the base for general complex field support, something that wasn't there before.

On 10/13/20, 11:18 AM, "ekimber@..." <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of ekimber@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Eliot,

I downloaded the project and ran some extra tests which worked fine.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,

Pieterjan