Topics

What DITA tools require XSDs? DITA TC wants to know

Kristen James Eberlein

The DITA TC will only distribute DTDs and RNG for DITA 2.0, no XSDs.

I'm interested in compiling a list of DITA application that require XSDs; please help me out!

Note: This will NOT affect the DITA TC decision to not distribute XSDs.

OASIS Distinguished Contributor

Wayne Brissette

Kris:

I wrote some custom scripts in Ruby with Nokogiri and the only way I could get them to validate against a DTD was to use the XSDs, but I wouldn't say this is even remotely something anybody else would do. I think NXP while using Ruby for some of their custom DITA scripts ditched Nokogiri and went with another XML library.

-Wayne

Kristen James Eberlein wrote on 2021-03-31 07:06:

The DITA TC will only distribute DTDs and RNG for DITA 2.0, no XSDs.

I'm interested in compiling a list of DITA application that require XSDs; please help me out!

Note: This will NOT affect the DITA TC decision to not distribute XSDs.

Kristen James Eberlein

Yes -- I'm not interested in this sort of stuff. (If you can write custom scripts in Ruby, then you also can figure out how to generate XSDs from the TC-provided DTD or RNG.)

I am interested in what commercial applications used in DITA implementations require.

For example, if my memory is correct, Xeditor requires XSDs, as did earlier versions of the SDL Web editor.

.