Topics

Unable to locate AXF, set property axf.path or axf.cmd

Nicholas Mucks

Hello!
We have a docker image with OT3.5. The PDF output works fine in FOP but if we use AH in the image, then we get a "Unable to locate AXF, set property axf.path or axf.cmd" error. AH is installed on the image but I'm not sure how to set up the rest.

Do we add a local.properties file to the root of the OT? If so, a local.properties file like this doesn't seem to work:
axf.path=/AH/AHFormatterV66_64
axf.cmd=/AH/AHFormatterV66_64/bin/AHFCmd

I tried to set these values in the PDF plugin as well, but that didn't work either.

   <property name="axf.cmd" location="/AH/AHFormatterV*/run.sh"/>

    <property name="axf.path" location="/AH/AHFormatterV*/"/>

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Nick

Westley W.

This issue with Antenna House has plagued us as well.  Setting the local.properties seemed to resolve the issue for myself but has been hit or miss with our other users.

Looking at what you have, I would try using double backward slashes as that is how ours are set. Like so.

axf.path=\\AH\\AHFormatterV66_64
axf.cmd=\\AH\\AHFormatterV66_64\\bin\\AHFCmd

Bill Burns

I've always found it helpful to add AntennaHouse to my environmental variables. Same with the OT, whatever JDK or JVM I need, and any other utilities like Ant that I'm using regularly.

  --
Bill Burns
512-646-2100

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 9:22 AM Westley W. <wamsley@...> wrote:

This issue with Antenna House has plagued us as well.  Setting the local.properties seemed to resolve the issue for myself but has been hit or miss with our other users.

Looking at what you have, I would try using double backward slashes as that is how ours are set. Like so.

axf.path=\\AH\\AHFormatterV66_64
axf.cmd=\\AH\\AHFormatterV66_64\\bin\\AHFCmd

Toshihiko Makita

Hi Nick,
If you are using PDF2 transform, don't you forget setting pdf.formatter property?

dita-ot-3.5/plugins/org.dita.pdf2/build.xml

    <!-- configure FO engines -->
    <!-- default is FOP.  Can be changed here, or with pdf.formatter property. -->
    <property name="pdf.formatter" value="fop"/>

This property should be set as pdf.formatter="ah", if you want to invoke AH Formatter in PDF2.

 Toshihiko Makita
 Development Group. Antenna House, Inc. Ina Branch
 Web site:
 http://www.antenna.co.jp/
 http://www.antennahouse.com/