Topics

table entry attributes

scott ashmead

Hi All?

When I use DITA-OT I see the following attributes on my <entry> element in the XML output. Does anyone understand how or why they end up there? I don't see them on the input XML.

Thank you very much!
Scott

<entry align="center"
                                  class="- topic/entry "
                                  xtrf="Renewal_Change_Form_SO.dita"
                                  xtrc="entry:8;128:47"
                                  colname="col2"
                                  dita-ot:x="2"
                                  dita-ot:y="2">

ekimber@contrext.com

The xtrf, xtrc, dita-ot:x and dita-ot:y attributes are added during preprocessing.

Of these, dita-ot:x and dita-ot:y are specific to table entries (they represent the final x/y position of the cell in the table as rendered, taking into account any row or column spanning).

Cheers,

E.

--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

On 10/22/20, 4:11 PM, "scott ashmead via groups.io" <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of scott_ashmead=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All?

When I use DITA-OT I see the following attributes on my <entry> element in the XML output. Does anyone understand how or why they end up there? I don't see them on the input XML.

Thank you very much!
Scott

<entry align="center"
class="- topic/entry "
colname="col2"

scott ashmead

Thanks Eliot.
The specific problem I'm having is related to the colname attribute in the row below.
There are six <entry> elements in the row. <entry> number five does not have a colname attribute and I don't know why. There's colname='4', then an empty element. Then colname="5". It's as though the empty <entry> is being ignored. Any idea how/why an <entry> would not have a colname attribute?

<row base="VISION_RCF" class="- topic/row " rowsep="0" valign="bottom"
                           xtrf="file:/opt/app/instances/4356386/resxml/workspaces/1ca4cda4a03a4c4d4a92fc1340d6c2636f2f0b91/data/2698167e-29bf-44f8-88e4-4c0fe2dd1c2e/input/prime_Renewal_Change_Form_SO.dita"
                           xtrc="row:7;191:93">
                           <entry align="left" colname="col1">
                              <p>Vision</p>
                           </entry>
                           <entry align="center" colname="col2">
                              <p>☐</p>
                           </entry>
                           <entry align="center" colname="col3">
                              <p>☐</p>
                           </entry>
                           <entry align="center" colname="col4">
                              <p>☐</p>
                           </entry>
                           <entry/>
                           <entry align="left" colname="col5">
                              <p>____________________</p>
                           </entry>
                        </row>

On Thursday, October 22, 2020, 05:55:38 PM EDT, ekimber@... <ekimber@...> wrote:

The xtrf, xtrc, dita-ot:x and dita-ot:y attributes are added during preprocessing.

Of these, dita-ot:x and dita-ot:y are specific to table entries (they represent the final x/y position of the cell in the table as rendered, taking into account any row or column spanning).

Cheers,

E.

--
Eliot Kimber

On 10/22/20, 4:11 PM, "scott ashmead via groups.io" <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of scott_ashmead=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All?

Thank you very much!
    Scott

<entry align="center"
                                      class="- topic/entry "
                                      colname="col2"

Radu Coravu

Hi Scott,

Maybe you can come up with a minimal set of map+topic sample project to reproduce the situation.

Then try to see if the problem is still there when using the latest DITA OT stable distribution (DITA OT 3.5.4 right now).

If the problem can be reproduced maybe you can add an issue on the DITA OT issues list:

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues

The DITA OT module which adds these attributes is written in Java. You can search for ""org.dita.dost.writer.NormalizeTableFilter"" to find in the build files the place where the normalize table filter is called.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
Oxygen XML Editor
On 10/23/20 1:37 AM, scott ashmead via groups.io wrote:

Thanks Eliot.
The specific problem I'm having is related to the colname attribute in the row below.
There are six <entry> elements in the row. <entry> number five does not have a colname attribute and I don't know why. There's colname='4', then an empty element. Then colname="5". It's as though the empty <entry> is being ignored. Any idea how/why an <entry> would not have a colname attribute?

<p>Vision</p>
                           </entry>
                              <p>☐</p>
                           </entry>
                              <p>☐</p>
                           </entry>
                              <p>☐</p>
                           </entry>
                           <entry/>
                           </entry>
                        </row>

On Thursday, October 22, 2020, 05:55:38 PM EDT, ekimber@... <ekimber@...> wrote:

Cheers,

E.

--
Eliot Kimber

Hi All?

Thank you very much!
    Scott

<entry align="center"
                                      class="- topic/entry "
                                      colname="col2"

ekimber@contrext.com

Would need to see the whole table, including the colspecs.

The most likely answer is that the table is not coded correctly--Oxygen should validate the table structure and report any issues like bad span specs or incorrect column numbers or something.

Is the colname in the table as authored?

Cheers,

E.
--
Eliot Kimber

On 10/22/20, 5:37 PM, "scott ashmead via groups.io" <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of scott_ashmead=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Eliot.

xtrf="file:/opt/app/instances/4356386/resxml/workspaces/1ca4cda4a03a4c4d4a92fc1340d6c2636f2f0b91/data/2698167e-29bf-44f8-88e4-4c0fe2dd1c2e/input/prime_Renewal_Change_Form_SO.dita"
<p>Vision</p>
</entry>
<p>☐</p>
</entry>
<p>☐</p>
</entry>
<p>☐</p>
</entry>
<entry/>
</entry>
</row>

Cheers,

E.

--
Eliot Kimber

Hi All?

Thank you very much!
Scott

<entry align="center"
class="- topic/entry "
colname="col2"

scott ashmead

Hi Eliot,
This problem is looking more and more like some sort of data corruption problem. We are unable to reproduce the error, which occurred in a client's environment.

On Friday, October 23, 2020, 09:49:31 AM EDT, ekimber@... <ekimber@...> wrote:

Would need to see the whole table, including the colspecs.

The most likely answer is that the table is not coded correctly--Oxygen should validate the table structure and report any issues like bad span specs or incorrect column numbers or something.

Is the colname in the table as authored?

Cheers,

E.
--
Eliot Kimber

On 10/22/20, 5:37 PM, "scott ashmead via groups.io" <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of scott_ashmead=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Eliot.

<p>Vision</p>
                              </entry>
                                  <p>☐</p>
                              </entry>
                                  <p>☐</p>
                              </entry>
                                  <p>☐</p>
                              </entry>
                              <entry/>
                              </entry>
                            </row>

Cheers,

E.

--
    Eliot Kimber

Hi All?

Thank you very much!
        Scott

<entry align="center"
                                          class="- topic/entry "
                                          colname="col2"