Topics

Skip preprocessing stage in DITA-OT #DITA-OT

Nicolas Delobel

Hi,

I have to publish huge map and I would like to skip some preprocessing stages (not used) to save processing time.
For example I would like to skip "Resolve content references (conref)" stage.

Do you know how I can do that ?

Thanks a lot.

Nicolas Delobel

So, after some research I found a solution using Oxygen.

I create a custom build file in DITA-OT folder:
<project basedir="." default="dist">
  <!--The DITA-OT default build file-->
  <import file="build.xml"/>
  <target name="dist">
    <property name="preprocess.conref.skip" value="true"/>
    <property name="preprocess.keyref.skip" value="true"/>
    <!--Call the DITA-OT default target-->
    <antcall target="init"/>
  </target>
</project>
where I add some properties to skip conref and keyref preprocess steps for example.

When it's done, I use this new alternate build file in Oxygen transformation scenario (see https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/22.1/ug-editor/topics/dita-map-use-your-own-build-file.html).

Jarno Elovirta

If your topics don’t contain conrefs, you don’t need to disable conref processing. OT will not process conrefs if there are none.

But you can use those *.skip properties to disable some preprocessing steps if you’re not sure about your content.

Jarno

--
Sent from a mobile device.