Simple Plugin to List Attr Vals per File in Map

despopoulos_chriss

Hi all...

Asking whether there is an existing OT plugin that is truly minimal...  Goes through a doc map and simply lists the file name for each topic, followed by the value of a given attribute.  Actually, I would settle for a plugin that simply lists each topic filename so I can start from there, but who would ever create something that does only that?  I need to do a specific type of report.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

r.roggen

I’ve used the “dita-merged” plugin for transformations like this.

https://github.com/oxygenxml/dita-merged

It sounds like one of the stylesheets included in the possible-applications folder may give you a good starting point.

-Reece

Nicholas Mucks

Hi Chris,
Isn’t there a file in the temp directory that lists all files after preprocessing?

If not, you can always parse the .job.xml file to get what you need.

Take care,
- Nick

Sent from mobile

On Jun 23, 2021, at 5:09 AM, despopoulos_chriss via groups.io <despopoulos_chriss@...> wrote:

Hi all...

Asking whether there is an existing OT plugin that is truly minimal...  Goes through a doc map and simply lists the file name for each topic, followed by the value of a given attribute.  Actually, I would settle for a plugin that simply lists each topic filename so I can start from there, but who would ever create something that does only that?  I need to do a specific type of report.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

despopoulos_chriss

Thanks Reece...  It took a little doing (I don't really hack the OT at all) but I got a custom plugin based on this together, and I can run the merge, then run it through one of those stylesheets.  I just need to massage that stylesheet now to get the data I want -- that should be easy enough.  It's a brave new world for me!!!

cud

despopoulos_chriss

Hi Nick...  I need more than that.  We use metadata to store the names of specific data objects that we are documenting/referencing in different places of an API guide.  When the data object changes, we need to track down the topics and incorporate the changes.  I want a report that lists by file, all the data objects that we reference.  That way I can see which files need to be updated.  And no, we can't just automagically pick up the code changes...  We have to cover our explanations of usage for these data objects as well.  There might be more clever ways to handle this, but at least this is a start.  Maybe after we have the report, we can run some other checker against the changes and automatically list only the files we need to edit.  But I think it starts with the report.