Relationship Table links disappear with branch filtering. #branch-filtering

Adam Myers

Hi,

I have a ditamap with multiple sub-ditamaps. A few of these ditamaps share topics. I am using a ditaval file to exclude content in the topics in one of the ditamaps.

When I transform (webhelp) the branch-filtered ditamap by itself, the content is excluded and all of the relationship table links appear correctly. When I transform the main ditamap with all of the sub-maps, the content is filtered correctly, but there are no related links in the filtered submap.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong and would appreciate any help/direction possible. I can provide more information if necessary.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Myers

I tried this with a project that Radu updated here: https://dita-users.groups.io/g/main/message/45318

It doesn't work in that project when I do a webhelp transformation, either. I'm using the latest Oxygen XML Editor 23.1, build 2021061407 with dita-ot 3.6. Thanks

Radu Coravu

Hi Adam,

Once you start using branch filtering, key scoping, you need to start using everywhere key references to refer to topics. So you need to define keys for your topics and in the reltable use only topicref with keyref instead of topicref with href.

That's because branch filtering will dynamically rename DITA topic file names during publishing and with keyrefs the publishing engine knows more precisely to what specific topic it should refer.

Can you take your sample project, use topicref with keyrefs in the reltables and see if that works better with the DITA OT 3.6 bundled with Oxygen XML Editor? If not please re-attach the project to an email (either here or directly to support@...).

On 6/24/21 23:36, Adam Myers via groups.io wrote:

I tried this with a project that Radu updated here: https://dita-users.groups.io/g/main/message/45318

It doesn't work in that project when I do a webhelp transformation, either. I'm using the latest Oxygen XML Editor 23.1, build 2021061407 with dita-ot 3.6. Thanks

Adam Myers

Thanks Radu.

Yes, that worked. Thanks.