Re-create Transformation Scenarios #CSS #Oxygen

amit.aher@...

Hello,

We have a website created for our company and the content is managed through Oxygen XML Editor tool.

After the rapid turnover of personnel responsible for maintaining the website, we have lost the Transformation Scenarios (WebHelp responsive output).

We need your assistance in re-creating the Transformation Scenarios that are required to publish the ditamap onto the website.

Please note that the Transformation Scenarios which we used were customized for our company.

Please let me know if you need further details and if you can help us on this.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Amit

Kristen James Eberlein

Hi, Amit.

A couple of questions for you:

  • Does your company has a maintenance contract for Oxygen? If yes, you can reach out to the Oxygen team for support.
  • Does the customized source for the Web Help exist in version control? If yes, you can rebuild the transformation scenario from the source for the Web Help. The Oxygen documentation can walk you through this.
  • Was the customized Web Help created by a consultant? If yes (and you do not have the source for the Web Help), reach out to the consultant for a copy of what they provided your company.

If you cannot access the source for the Web Help transformation -- maybe it only existed on people's laptops and those laptops have been re-imaged -- things are going to be difficult. In that situation, you'll need to recreate the customized files for the Web Help, working backwards from the HTML on the company Web site. In this case, you might want to hire a consultant familiar with configuring and customizing Oxygen Web Help.

OASIS Distinguished Contributor