Topics

Proper Universal Attribute Specialization Using XSDs #specialization #samples

Hello All,

I am clear on attribute specialization using props in XSDs generally speaking, but I am unsure as to what to do in the case of UNIVERSAL attributes.

I implemented a universal attribute in the following manner:

commonElementGroup.xsd - Added reference to the definition in my attribute file to <xs:attributeGroup name="props-attribute-extensions"/>

Is that all there is to it?  Or am I missing something?

What is the proper DITA way to do this?  Is there a sample of this someone can point me toward, or perhaps illustrate for me?

TIA,

-Tony Bufort
AJB Consulting

ekimber@contrext.com

It's not clear what you mean by universal attribute specialization: the only attributes you can specialize in DITA are @base and @props.

Cheers,

Eliot

On 7/23/20, 11:30 PM, "Anthony J. (Tony) Bufort" <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of @ajbufort> wrote:

Hello All,

I am clear on attribute specialization using props in XSDs generally speaking, but I am unsure as to what to do in the case of UNIVERSAL attributes.

I implemented a universal attribute in the following manner:

commonElementGroup.xsd - Added reference to the definition in my attribute file to <xs:attributeGroup name="props-attribute-extensions"/>

Is that all there is to it? Or am I missing something?

What is the proper DITA way to do this? Is there a sample of this someone can point me toward, or perhaps illustrate for me?

TIA,

-Tony Bufort
AJB Consulting

Hello Eliot,