Topics

PDF2 to HTML5: reference book

pablo gg

Hi all,

I have been working (and still am) working with DITA-OT for PDF using the PDF2 plugin. For mastering (?) the plugin structure and capabilities I have based a lot on the fantastic book Dita for Print by Leigh Davis. Beside of other resources, this has been crucial.

I am beginning now with a journey around HTML and I wondered whether there is any HTML-biased book that might be my side companion book.

Thanks for the help,

Pablo Gomez

Jarno Elovirta

Hi,

DITA-OT’s HTML5 plug-in uses CSS for styling. In most cases that’s all you need, and for that the web and book shops are full of content. In order to add dynamic functionality for HTML5 output, you need JavaScript and the same as for CSS applies here too. So the reference content for CSS and JavaScript is pretty much out there for free, just DuckDuckGo it.

For example https://infotexture.net/2018/11/customizing-dita-output/ might be helpful to get you started.

Jarno

On 11. Dec 2020, at 11.44, pablo gg <pablo.gomez@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I have been working (and still am) working with DITA-OT for PDF using the PDF2 plugin. For mastering (?) the plugin structure and capabilities I have based a lot on the fantastic book Dita for Print by Leigh Davis. Beside of other resources, this has been crucial.

I am beginning now with a journey around HTML and I wondered whether there is any HTML-biased book that might be my side companion book.

Thanks for the help,
Pablo Gomez

Raymond Bissonnette

Hi Pablo,

I guess you mean Leigh White, who wrote Dita for Print!

I haven't found anything like this resource for HTML plugins.

As Jano wrote, CSS and JavaScript information is easily findable on the web.

But if you're looking for plugin tutorials and samples, the OT documentation and Robert Anderson's Meta DITA pages are the best I found.

Checkout the short tutorials on this page.

Happy reading,
Raymond