Migrating from DITA OT 2.5.4 to 3.6.1

stefan.theisen@...

Is there a short instruction about how to migrate from DITA OT 2.5.4 to 3.6.1? The folder structure has changed and I'm sure which files can be kept and where to copy the new files (especially the java library). When I run the Oxygen XML Webhelp (Responsive) Publication I get errors that several java files cannot be properly executed.

Lief Erickson

Take a look at this page from the DITA-OT documentation:

When migrating customizations, identify the version of the toolkit you're currently using (base version) and the version of the toolkit you want to migrate to (target version). Then, review all of the migration changes described in all of the versions from the base through the target. For instance, if you're currently on 2.2 and want to move to 3.3, you should review all of the changes in 2.3 through 3.3. You may want to start at the oldest version and read forward so you can chronologically follow the changes, since it is possible that files or topics have had multiple changes.

-Lief