java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

scott ashmead

Hi friends,

Has anyone received and fix this error while generating a PDF using DITA-OT 3.6.1?
I think this is related to Garbage Cleanup, but I don't know why I would get this while generating a 350 page PDF. Is that too large?

transformation failed. C:\dita-ot-3.6.1\plugins\org.dita.pdf2.fop\build_fop.xml:145: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Thank you,
Scott

Radu Coravu

Hi Scott,

Looks like an out of memory error, if you are using the DITA OT from the command line there is some documentation about this in the DITA OT docs:

https://www.dita-ot.org/dev/topics/other-errors.html#troubleshooting__out-of-memory-error

https://www.dita-ot.org/dev/topics/increasing-the-jvm.html