Topics

Group reltable Links by Topic Type #reltable

@l3arn4life

Hello there fellow DITA-warriors,

we have successfully updated our system to DOT 3.5.1, running on the latest version from Oxygen. However, we have now come across a peculiarity we have not yet been able to resolve: tasks and concepts linked via relationship table are grouped under "related information" in the output. References from reltables, strangely, are put under a separate reference heading. Related links used to be grouped by topic type under their respective headings. We liked that and would like to have it back … I think we're basically looking for the reversal of what is being asked in this oxygen-forum-discussion.
So far we tried to delete the line containing <str name="Related information"> from all relevant localisation files, to no avail. Renaming the entry would still result in tasks and concepts being grouped under the same heading.
Any and all help is much appreciated!

Regards,
Ed

Radu Pisoi

Hi,

I think you are using the WebHelp Responsive transformation. In this case, the title of related links section is Related information.

An option to change this behavior is to use the com.oxygenxml.webhelp.xsl.dita2webhelp XSLT extension point that allows you to overwrite the whc:webhelp_related_links template. This template is located in the ${DITA-OT-DIR}/plugins/com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive/xsl/template/topicComponentsExpander.xsl file and it is used to generate the related links section.

I have registered an entry in our internal issue tracker for a future version to add a parameter that allows you to preserve the default DITA-OT output.

Radu Pisoi
http://www.oxygenxml.com

@l3arn4life

Thank you Radu for your reply. I admittedly don't know much about overriding templates using XSLT extension points but will look into it after my vacation.

Regards,
Ed

@l3arn4life

Good morning Radu (and everyone else, of course),

after researching the topic all morning I still don’t have the first clue how to implement your suggestion. Would you mind giving me some hints or pointing me to a resource for dummies that explains how one would go about overriding templates using XSLT extension points?
Thank you kindly.

Regards,
Ed

Radu Pisoi

Hi,

We have a project on GitHub where we contribute publishing templates samples based on the user requests.
Some of them includes XSLT extension points and can be used as starting points:
* Generation Date & Time - template containing XSLT extensions that add the generation date & time to the WebHelp Responsive footer.
* Bookmap Copyright Info - template containing XSLT extensions that can transfer meta information specified in the DITA map to the WebHelp Responsive footer.
* Logo Before Search Template - this is a sample publishing template that displays the Logo component before the search input. It uses an XSLT Extension File to customize the structure of the search component.
* Change Viewport Meta - this is a sample publishing template that uses an XSLT Extension File to customize the value of the viewport <meta>.

Also, please see the Developer Reference section from the WebHelp Responsive user guide. This section is designed for developers to provide advanced information about the Oxygen XML WebHelp Responsive plugin. The information in this section will help you to extend or customize the output and provide an overview of the plugin architecture.

Radu Pisoi
http://www.oxygenxml.com