Topics

[EXT]: [dita-users] Keyscopes?

We use this structure.

<map><title>Map Title</title>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_keys_common.ditamap" processing-role="resource-only" scope="local" type="map"/>

<topicgroup keyscope="scope1">
<topicmeta><navtitle> Content Map One</navtitle></topicmeta>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_keys_content_map_one.ditamap" processing-role="resource-only" scope="local" type="map"/>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_content_one_topics.ditamap" scope="local" type="map"/>
</topicgroup>

<topicgroup keyscope="scope2">
<topicmeta><navtitle> Content Map Two</navtitle></topicmeta>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_keys_content_map_two.ditamap" processing-role="resource-only" scope="local" type="map"/>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_content_two_topics.ditamap" scope="local" type="map"/>
</topicgroup>

We use a common key definition map for keys all content uses and reference it at the highest point in the parent map.
We put content-specific keys inside the key scope for that content.
We enter the scope title in <topicgroup> with <topicmeta><navtitle> to identify each scope in Oxygen Author's DITA Map Manager. The navtitle does not appear in output (which we intend). I seem to recall that the @navtitle is deprecated.

Mona Ross | Principal Information Architect | Ellucian(r) | M:+1.304.596.3712 | www.ellucian.com
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@dita-users.groups.io <main@dita-users.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Vint via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 7:23 PM
To: dita-users@groups.io
Subject: [EXT]: [dita-users] Keyscopes?

**External Email**

How stable or well implemented are they? I'm using DITA OT 3.4.0 and they don't appear to be working as expected. I have 5 separate publications that had their own copy of keymaps that had a common set of variable names. So the name BASE_NAME appears in each keymap but with a different value.

We are now publishing these as one bundle. So they have been grouped together with one map like this.
<map>
<topichead keyscope="DirectoryServerKeys" navtitle="Server Administration Guide">
<mapref format="ditamap" keyref="bbv1564011413207"/>
</topichead>
<topichead keyscope="ProxyServerKeys" navtitle="Proxy Server Administration Guide">
<mapref format="ditamap" keyref="dsa1564011474136"/>
</topichead>
<topichead keyscope="ConsentSolutionKeys" navtitle="Consent Solution Guide">
<mapref format="ditamap" keyref="ugq1564011487101"
navtitle="Consent Solution Guide"/>
</topichead>
<topichead keyscope="DelegatedAdminKeys" navtitle="Delegated Admin Application Guide">
<mapref format="ditamap" keyref="nyx1564012075196"
navtitle="Delegated Admin Guide"/>
</topichead>
<topichead keyscope="DataSyncKeys" navtitle="Administration Guide">
<mapref format="ditamap" keyref="wfk1564011491470"
navtitle="Administration Guide"/>
</topichead>
</map>

There is no keymap above any of the maprefs, yet BASE_NAME in all the sections shows the same value. For testing I commented out the definition that was being used everywhere and one of the other definitions replaced it.

This content is huge and ugly. I may try building my own sample and testing with it in case I'm not finding the real problem in this content and thinking it is the keyscope that is not working.

..dan

Dan Vint

Thanks for the confirmation this approach works. I built a small sample yesterday and it worked, so something is going on in the content I haven't identified.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 8/6/20 5:29 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@dita-users.groups.io, dita-users@groups.io
Subject: Re: [EXT]: [dita-users] Keyscopes?

We use this structure.

<map><title>Map Title</title>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_keys_common.ditamap" processing-role="resource-only" scope="local" type="map"/>

<topicgroup keyscope="scope1">
<topicmeta><navtitle> Content Map One</navtitle></topicmeta>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_keys_content_map_one.ditamap" processing-role="resource-only" scope="local" type="map"/>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_content_one_topics.ditamap" scope="local" type="map"/>
</topicgroup>

<topicgroup keyscope="scope2">
<topicmeta><navtitle> Content Map Two</navtitle></topicmeta>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_keys_content_map_two.ditamap" processing-role="resource-only" scope="local" type="map"/>
<mapref format="ditamap" href="m_content_two_topics.ditamap" scope="local" type="map"/>
</topicgroup>

We use a common key definition map for keys all content uses and reference it at the highest point in the parent map.
We put content-specific keys inside the key scope for that content.
We enter the scope title in <topicgroup> with <topicmeta><navtitle> to identify each scope in Oxygen Author's DITA Map Manager.  The navtitle does not appear in output (which we intend).  I seem to recall that the @navtitle is deprecated.

Mona Ross | Principal Information Architect | Ellucian(r) | M:+1.304.596.3712 | www.ellucian.com
CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@dita-users.groups.io <main@dita-users.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Vint via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 7:23 PM
To: dita-users@groups.io
Subject: [EXT]: [dita-users] Keyscopes?

**External Email**

How stable or well implemented are they? I'm using DITA OT 3.4.0 and they don't appear to be working as expected. I have 5 separate publications that had their own copy of keymaps that had a common set of variable names. So the name BASE_NAME appears in each keymap but with a different value.

We are now publishing these as one bundle. So they have been grouped together with one map like this.
<map>
    <topichead keyscope="DirectoryServerKeys" navtitle="Server Administration Guide">
       <mapref format="ditamap" keyref="bbv1564011413207"/>
    </topichead>
    <topichead keyscope="ProxyServerKeys" navtitle="Proxy Server Administration Guide">
       <mapref format="ditamap" keyref="dsa1564011474136"/>
    </topichead>
    <topichead keyscope="ConsentSolutionKeys" navtitle="Consent Solution Guide">
       <mapref format="ditamap" keyref="ugq1564011487101"
          navtitle="Consent Solution Guide"/>
    </topichead>
    <topichead keyscope="DelegatedAdminKeys" navtitle="Delegated Admin Application Guide">
       <mapref format="ditamap" keyref="nyx1564012075196"
          navtitle="Delegated Admin Guide"/>
    </topichead>
    <topichead keyscope="DataSyncKeys" navtitle="Administration Guide">
       <mapref format="ditamap" keyref="wfk1564011491470"
          navtitle="Administration Guide"/>
    </topichead>
</map>

There is no keymap above any of the maprefs, yet BASE_NAME in all the sections shows the same value. For testing I commented out the definition that was being used everywhere and one of the other definitions replaced it.

This content is huge and ugly. I may try building my own sample and testing with it in case I'm not finding the real problem in this content and thinking it is the keyscope that is not working.

..dan