Topics

error in producing troff output


Weiwu Zhang
 

Following the guide from here:

https://www.dita-ot.org/plugins#!org.dita.troff

I installed the plugin on dita-ot 3.6

$ dita install org.dita.troff
Added org.dita.troff

and attempted to make troff out of a file:

$ dita --input=a_topic.dita --format=troff
Error: Includesfile /tmp/temp20200901230030922/${fullditatopicfile} not found.

No luck replacing the dita file with a ditamap either. It is from a project which already works with other output (html5/pdf).

Any hint how to proceed on / file bug?

Regards


Radu Coravu
 

Hi,

The readme for the DITA to Troff plugin says:

https://github.com/dita-ot/org.dita.troff

Compatibility

  • DITA-OT 3.1
So it no longer works with DITA OT 3.5.x. Maybe you can download an older version of the DITA OT publishing engine (3.1) and try to use this plugin with it.

I added an issue on the plugin's GitHub issues list to make it compatible with DITA OT 3.5:

https://github.com/dita-ot/org.dita.troff/issues/5

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
Oxygen XML Editor
On 9/1/20 4:30 PM, Weiwu Zhang wrote:
Following the guide from here:

https://www.dita-ot.org/plugins#!org.dita.troff

I installed the plugin on dita-ot 3.6

$ dita install org.dita.troff
Added org.dita.troff

and attempted to make troff out of a file:

$ dita --input=a_topic.dita --format=troff
Error: Includesfile /tmp/temp20200901230030922/${fullditatopicfile} not found.

No luck replacing the dita file with a ditamap either. It is from a project which already works with other output (html5/pdf).

Any hint how to proceed on / file bug?

Regards







  


Weiwu Zhang
 

On Wed, 2 Sep 2020, Radu Coravu wrote:

I added an issue on the plugin's GitHub issues list to make it compatible
with DITA OT 3.5:
https://github.com/dita-ot/org.dita.troff/issues/5
Impressive! The issue is solved in 24 hours.

Following what you did I filed another issue about a bug in the troff output that concatenated two unrelated paragraphs. Hope that the project responds.


Radu Coravu
 

Hi,

I had the changes to make the plugin work on my side, as part of the DITA Open Toolkit bundled with Oxygen XML Editor, so I just added them back to the original project.

About the issue you added, I'm not very familiar with troff output but maybe someone else will be able to help. Maybe as a workaround for the problem instead of a DITA <section> you could insert another <concept> element after the end of the </conbody> in the first concept.

Regards,
Radu

Radu Coravu
Oxygen XML Editor

On 9/3/20 3:16 AM, Weiwu Zhang wrote:


On Wed, 2 Sep 2020, Radu Coravu wrote:

I added an issue on the plugin's GitHub issues list to make it compatible
with DITA OT 3.5:

https://github.com/dita-ot/org.dita.troff/issues/5
Impressive! The issue is solved in 24 hours.

Following what you did I filed another issue about a bug in the troff output that concatenated two unrelated paragraphs. Hope that the project responds.