Topics

#DITA-OT #XSLT #PDF #DITA-OT #PDF #XSLT

nyxys21@...

Hi All,

I need to prevent page breaks before top level topics in a bookmap. I know it would work like that if we switched to a map, but we need the bookmeta.

The custom plugin is based off the PDF2 plugin and the DITA-OT is version 3.3. I saw some solutions but they are pretty old and don't seem to work in 3.3. They give an error "fo:page-sequence" is not a valid child of "fo:flow".

I think it must be somewhere is custom.xsl and root-processing.xsl but so far nothing has worked. I've accidentally gotten every topic onto a new page... but mostly my attempts result in that error message I mentioned.

Really appreciate any help. Thanks!

nyxys21@...

Just in case anyone has the same question, I found a simple solution. In root-processing.xsl I replaced the bookmap template with the map template. Now the pages flow like it's a map, without page breaks, and we can still use the bookmap metadata.

I copied this template into my copy of root-processing:
<xsl:template match="*[contains(@class, ' map/map ')]" mode="generatePageSequences">

and renamed it to:
<xsl:template match="*[contains(@class, ' bookmap/bookmap ')]" mode="generatePageSequences">