#DITA-OT - Migrating from OT-1.8 to 3.5 #DITA-OT

MarkH

Hi!

I have been tasked with migrating our custom webhelp plugin which was written for DITA-OT 1.8.4, to DITA-OT 3.5. From what I have read about the process, I really need to start by migrating to 2.0, then working my way up through the various versions (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc.). Any advice, tips, tricks, warnings, or suggestions about how best to proceed would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Mica Semrick

Hi Mark,

I did this fairly recently and decided it was best to just start over with a fresh 3.x plugin and reimplement the changes that were made to the original plugin.

Things have changed quite a bit, and I didn't feel it was worth it to make the plugin work with the whole 2.x dita-ot series.

-m

On April 23, 2021 12:12:11 PM PDT, MarkH <mark@...> wrote:
Hi!

I have been tasked with migrating our custom webhelp plugin which was written for DITA-OT 1.8.4, to DITA-OT 3.5. From what I have read about the process, I really need to start by migrating to 2.0, then working my way up through the various versions (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc.). Any advice, tips, tricks, warnings, or suggestions about how best to proceed would be appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

MarkH

Thanks, Mica, I'm beginning to think that would be a better way to go. Even the first move to 2.0 is giving me trouble and it seems like a lot of needless aggravation to go through the 12 steps needed to get to 3.5. One thing is for sure, when I get this done, I will be more inclined to keep it up to date!