Topics

DITA-OT 3.6 and PDF generation #DITA-OT

Paul Danaher

I'm wondering if it is possible to generate PDF output using the default PDF plugin in DITA-OT 3.6 if setting "store-type" to "memory". I'm getting the following error if I run it using that option:

Error: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: {path_to_temp_folder}\.job.xml

If it is not possible are there any plans to allow it. I am looking at running the DITA-OT on the cloud and the documentation states "In-memory processing provides performance advantages in I/O bound environments such as cloud computing platforms". Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

Chris Papademetrious

Hi Paul,

I suspect you've run into the following recently filed issue:

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3671

 - Chris

Paul Danaher

Hi Chris,

I did see that issue but the error is different so I presumed it might not be related. Thanks for the prompt response.

Paul

Radu Coravu

Hi Paul,

Just to make sure maybe you can post more details about the error, attach a part of the DITA OT console output for example which might show in what ANT build file or XSLT stylesheet the error occurred.

On 1/11/21 18:00, Paul Danaher wrote:

Hi Chris,

I did see that issue but the error is different so I presumed it might not be related. Thanks for the prompt response.

Paul

Paul Danaher

Hi Radu,

Here is the information you requested. When I run the following command from the command line:

./dita --input /usr/local/temp/dita_content/test.ditamap --output=/usr/local/temp/dita_content --format=pdf --temp=/usr/local/temp/temp/dita_content/dita_temp_dir --generate-debug-attributes=true --parallel=true --store-type=memory --debug=true > ./log.txt

I get the following error:

Error: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /usr/local/temp/temp/dita_content/dita_temp_dir/.job.xml

I have attached the output log file for review. Thanks.

Paul

Radu Coravu

Hi Paul,

I reproduced the problem on my side and added extra details on this issue:

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3671

so for now "--store-type=memory" does not work with DITA OT 3.6 but maybe it will be fixed in DITA OT 3.6.1.

On 1/14/21 12:18, Paul Danaher wrote:

Hi Radu,

Here is the information you requested. When I run the following command from the command line:

./dita --input /usr/local/temp/dita_content/test.ditamap --output=/usr/local/temp/dita_content --format=pdf --temp=/usr/local/temp/temp/dita_content/dita_temp_dir --generate-debug-attributes=true --parallel=true --store-type=memory --debug=true > ./log.txt

I get the following error:

Error: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /usr/local/temp/temp/dita_content/dita_temp_dir/.job.xml

I have attached the output log file for review. Thanks.

Paul

Paul Danaher

Thanks Radu. Your assistance is much appreciated.

Regards,

Paul