Topics

#DITA-OT #DITA-OT

Myrddin55

Good afternoon,
This is my debut message as a new member of this group. As a result of Covid 19 I now find myself out of work and as a person with a long career in the support of commercial flying operations, getting back into aviation will probably be impossible. So I have decided to try and start up a small business writing books for aviation and converting existing paper manuals into a digital format. DITA seems to fit the remit as far as the manuals are concerned and now the task is to cram in as much information on DITA as I can with a view to authoring and converting by October (this year). Getting my head around this (at my age) will take a while, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I found a B 25 Mitchell Bomber Pilot manual and was able to download all the files from github (thank you). What I would like to do is to turn all these files into a book, either epub or pdf or both, so that I can compare the finished book with the maps to put the structure and coding into context. I tried the DITA OT program but failed to make it work, could someone in this group lend a hand by helping me with the conversion to pdf please?
Many thanks
Nigel

Jim Tivy

Hi Nigel

Your project sounds interesting.  Can you send me your email.

Mine is jimt@...

Jim

On 7/29/2020 7:58 AM, Myrddin55 wrote:
[...]

Here you go.
Cheers,
Nigel

R Nigel Johnstone

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020, 16:53 Jim Tivy, <jimt@...> wrote:

[...]

Rodolfo M. Raya

Hi,

Get Conversa DITA Publisher from https://www.maxprograms.com/products/conversa.html and use it for publishing your DITA files as PDF or ePub.

Conversa is a free open source tool that lets you publish DITA into multiple output formats using GUI that works on Windows, Linux and macOS.

Regards,
Rodolfo
--

Myrddin55

Thank you

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 at 17:35, Rodolfo M. Raya <rmraya@...> wrote:
Hi,

Get Conversa DITA Publisher from https://www.maxprograms.com/products/conversa.html and use it for publishing your DITA files as PDF or ePub.

Conversa is a free open source tool that lets you publish DITA into multiple output formats using GUI that works on Windows, Linux and macOS.

Regards,
Rodolfo

R Nigel Johnstone
+44 1949 860 737