Topics

Custom dita-ot plugins directory in configuration.properties #DITA-OT

Nicolas Delobel

Hello all,

I developed custom plugins and stored them in a specific directory: c:/myplugins

Following https://www.dita-ot.org/dev/parameters/configuration-properties-file.html I added following line in configuration.properties (dita-ot 3.6):
plugindirs = plugins;demo;C:/myplugins;

When I run dita-ot integrator, I have following messages so it's OK:
integrate:
[integrate] Added com.myplugin1.pdf
[integrate] Added com.myplugin2.pdf
[integrate] Added com.myplugin3.pdf

But when I try to use one of these plugins I immediately have:
BUILD FAILED
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6\build.xml:19: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6\plugins\org.dita.base\build.xml:36: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6\plugins\org.dita.base\build_init.xml:23: taskdef class org.dita.dost.ant.InitializeProjectTask cannot be found
 using the classloader AntClassLoader[]

Did you already have this kind of issue?

Thanks.

Nicolas

Pierre Attar

This seems to be related to java version used by 3.6 which is different from the one used by oXygen.

Pierre

Le 1 février 2021 11:49:02 GMT+01:00, Nicolas Delobel <nicolas.delobel@...> a écrit :
Hello all,

I developed custom plugins and stored them in a specific directory: c:/myplugins

Following https://www.dita-ot.org/dev/parameters/configuration-properties-file.html I added following line in configuration.properties (dita-ot 3.6):
plugindirs = plugins;demo;C:/myplugins;

When I run dita-ot integrator, I have following messages so it's OK:
integrate:
[integrate] Added com.myplugin1.pdf
[integrate] Added com.myplugin2.pdf
[integrate] Added com.myplugin3.pdf

But when I try to use one of these plugins I immediately have:
BUILD FAILED
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6\build.xml:19: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6\plugins\org.dita.base\build.xml:36: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6\plugins\org.dita.base\build_init.xml:23: taskdef class org.dita.dost.ant.InitializeProjectTask cannot be found

Did you already have this kind of issue?

Thanks.

Nicolas

--
Envoyé de mon appareil mobile

Nicolas Delobel

Thanks Pierre,

Indeed, it's linked to Oxygen (see topic about this issue on oXygen forum: https://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/post60146.html?hilit=configuration.properties#p60146)
It seems to be corrected on Oxygen 23. I didn't test yet.

When I run the transformation outside of oXygen with dita-ot command line, it works.

Nicolas

Radu Coravu

Hi Nicolas,

I agree the problem was in Oxygen not properly detecting libraries in external DITA OT plugins folders.

If you get a chance to test the fix in Oxygen 23 please tell us if it works better or not.

Regards,

Radu

Radu Coravu
Oxygen XML Editor
On 2/1/21 14:48, Nicolas Delobel wrote:

Thanks Pierre,

Indeed, it's linked to Oxygen (see topic about this issue on oXygen forum: https://www.oxygenxml.com/forum/post60146.html?hilit=configuration.properties#p60146)
It seems to be corrected on Oxygen 23. I didn't test yet.

When I run the transformation outside of oXygen with dita-ot command line, it works.

Nicolas

Nicolas Delobel

Hi Radu,

I made a test with oXygen 23 but unfortunately I still have an error message:

Buildfile: C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6-oxy23\build.xml

BUILD FAILED
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6-oxy23\build.xml:19: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6-oxy23\plugins\org.dita.base\build.xml:36: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6-oxy23\plugins\org.dita.base\build_init.xml:23: taskdef class org.dita.dost.ant.InitializeProjectTask cannot be found

Total time: 0 seconds

The process finished with exit code: 1

Regards,
Nicolas

Radu Coravu

Hi Nicolas,

So in the Oxygen Preferences->DITA page you set the DITA OT engine to point to your custom DITA OT folder, right?

Not sure what the problem is, if you want further help maybe you can contact us directly (support@...) and give us some steps to reproduce the problem on our side.

Regards,

Radu

Radu Coravu
Oxygen XML Editor
On 2/2/21 10:06, Nicolas Delobel wrote:

Hi Radu,

I made a test with oXygen 23 but unfortunately I still have an error message:

Buildfile: C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6-oxy23\build.xml

BUILD FAILED
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6-oxy23\build.xml:19: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6-oxy23\plugins\org.dita.base\build.xml:36: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\myproject\dita-ot-3.6-oxy23\plugins\org.dita.base\build_init.xml:23: taskdef class org.dita.dost.ant.InitializeProjectTask cannot be found

Total time: 0 seconds

The process finished with exit code: 1

Regards,
Nicolas