Chapterless PDF based on chapter maps

Ute Methner

Hello,

For a PDF requirement, I require chapter maps but don't want each chapter to start on a new page. As I have limited experience coding in xslt, I was wondering  what code needs to be overwritten or commented out so that a chapter does not start on a new page. I am working with DOT313.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ute Methner
Sr Software Developer
Motorola Solutions

o:
+1.819.931.2170

For more information on how and why we collect your personal information, please visit our Privacy Policy.

Yves Barbion

Hi Ute,

This is very easy to do with MiramoPDF, which has a DITA-OT plugin: chapter_title > paragraph placement > normal.

image.png

Kind regards

Yves Barbion

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 at 18:01, Ute Methner <ute.methner@...> wrote:
Hello,

For a PDF requirement, I require chapter maps but don't want each chapter to start on a new page. As I have limited experience coding in xslt, I was wondering  what code needs to be overwritten or commented out so that a chapter does not start on a new page. I am working with DOT313.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ute Methner
Sr Software Developer
Motorola Solutions

o:
+1.819.931.2170

For more information on how and why we collect your personal information, please visit our Privacy Policy.

stinakab

Hi Ute,

I've found a very old message in the group that could be helpful: https://dita-users.groups.io/g/main/message/34800

I haven't done this before. I assume this is done in the commons.xsl file.

Rgds,
Christina

Ute Methner

Thank you Yves. This looks interesting; I'll have a look at the app.

Regards.

--

Thank you
Ute

Ute Methner
Sr Software Developer
Motorola Solutions

o:
+1.819.931.2170

For more information on how and why we collect your personal information, please visit our Privacy Policy.

Julio J Vazquez

You can also override layout-masters.xsl so the body pages start on any page.

Ute Methner

Thank you Julio; that information is good to have.