Topics

[Ann] Oxygen Batch Converter Add-on version 2.0.0 release

Radu Coravu

Hi everyone,

We released a couple of days ago version 2.0.0 of the free Oxygen Batch Converter add-on which is capable of converting multiple Word, Excel, HTML or Markdown files to DITA content:

https://github.com/oxygenxml/oxygen-resources-converter

Version 2.0 of the add-on is compatible with Oxygen XML Author or Editor version 20.0 or newer and it contains the following improvements:

  - Improved the Word to DITA conversion, adding a new option that allows you to convert Word documents with multiple sections into DITA maps with referenced DITA topics.

  - Improved the styling configuration for conversions from Word.
  - Fixed the conversion of Word documents with embedded images.
  - Fixed the indentation of conversion results that contain consecutive inline elements.
  - Fixed various other small bugs.

I hope you will find this new version of the converter useful.

Prof. Sissi Closs

Dear Radu, is there a Plugin for Oxygen for DITA to Wordpress and vice versa? Br, Sissi

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 02.06.2020 um 09:50 schrieb Radu Coravu <radu_coravu@...>:

[...]

Dear Sissi,

We do not have any Oxygen XML Editor specific solution for DITA to Wordpress or the other way around.

I would assume that you could maybe publish DITA to plain HTML and then import that in Wordpress. For the other way around, if Wordpress would export HTML content you could use our Batch Converter add-on to convert it to DITA. But with such translations of content between DITA and HTML you would lose content reuse, conditional filtering and XML element semantics.