XSLT CALS to HTML5

scott ashmead

Hi,

Does anyone have a reliable CALS to HTML5 XSLT transform that they can send me or point me to?
I've tried two sets of XSLT code for CALS table processing and they both have bugs.

Thank you for your help!

Scott

Toshihiko Makita

Hi Scott,

Which XSLT code are you tried? Is it DITA-OT bundled HTML5 or XHTML plug-in?
If you have a time, try the following HTML5 plug-in.

https://github.com/AntennaHouse/ah-html5

I have carefully implemented CALS table processing XSLT template based on the experience of DITA to XSL-FO plug-in.
Also any feedback is welcome via GitHub issue tracking.

/*--------------------------------------------------
 Toshihiko Makita
 Development Group. Antenna House, Inc. Ina Branch
 Web site:
 http://www.antenna.co.jp/
 http://www.antennahouse.com/
 --------------------------------------------------*/

Toshihiko Makita

> If you have a time, try the following HTML5 plug-in.

I've noticed that this plug-in does not work DITA-OT 3.5 or later because there are significant changes of files generated in the temporary directory.

The following obsolete list files are no longer generated in the temporary directory: fullditatopic.list
I will work with this problem later.

/*--------------------------------------------------
 Toshihiko Makita
 Development Group. Antenna House, Inc. Ina Branch
 Web site:
 http://www.antenna.co.jp/
 http://www.antennahouse.com/
 --------------------------------------------------*/

Don Day

For what it's worth, this code and the discussion that follows has a reasonably capable CALS-to-HTML conversion. There are no elements in tables that are HTML5-specific that I am aware of, so this should be compatible with HTML5 content in general. The transform generates CSS classes that create borders for specific (t)op, (b)ottom, (l)eft, and (r)ight cell borders in order to avoid double borders on adjacent cells and rows. It seems to handle column calculations sensibly for resizable HTML rendering.

https://www.oxygenxml.com/archives/xsl-list/200505/msg01081.html

In my own application, to make the table presentation more like that of fig and simpletable, I added a wrapping div to encapsulate the title and description pulled outside of the usual CALS table structure.

--
Don Day

On 3/9/2021 7:28 PM, scott ashmead via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have a reliable CALS to HTML5 XSLT transform that they can send me or point me to?
I've tried two sets of XSLT code for CALS table processing and they both have bugs.

Thank you for your help!

Scott

Avast logo