From: main@dita-users.groups.io <main@dita-users.groups.io> On Behalf Of Radu Coravu via groups.io
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 5:53 AM
To: main@dita-users.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [dita-users] Keyrefs no longer resolved within conrefs #conref #keys

External Email - DO NOT CLICK links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and are expecting the email.

Hi Christina,

Maybe you can create a small sample DITA project exemplifying the problem and attach it to an email.

The DITA OT bundled with Oxygen also comes with various small fixes made to the open source DITA OT distribution.

We deliver it as a separate download named Oxygen Publishing Engine, it is available for download here:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/publishing_engine.html

Maybe you can try to run the transformation from the command line, for example to produce the PDF. If it properly generates the output but the DITA OT 3.5.4 downloaded from the DITA OT web site does not, then probably one of our fixes might responsible for that.

On 1/22/21 14:27, stinakab via groups.io wrote:

Hi,

We're currently switching from DITA OT 3.4.1 to DITA OT 3.5.4 (the latest version supported by Oxygen 23.0).
We use Oxygen for local builds and use a build server for publishing. We have customization plug-ins.
At first, it looked as if everything ran smoothly. Then we discovered that on the build server <keyword keyrefs="xxx"> are no longer resolved within conref elements.
All other keyrefs resolve properly. It's just the conrefs in which they don't resolve.
It used to work with 3.4.1, but somehow with 3.5.4 there seems to something wrong. In Oxygen 23.0, there are no issues when transformations are run.
This happens with PDF and webhelp responsive outputs.
I don't have the slightest idea why the keyrefs are no longer resolved.
Could anybody help me with this, please?

Christina

Radu Coravu

Hi Jay,

Please see some answers below:

Could you provide details on the differences between the vanilla DITA-OT, and the DITA-OT with the various small fixes bundled in the Oxygen Publishing Englne?

Good question, right now our Oxygen Publishing Engine available on the web site is based on DITA OT 3.5.4.

It has extra patches for:

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3551

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/2827

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/2920

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3353

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3565

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3619

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3584

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3597

On each of those issues I added comments explaining how I attempted to fix things on my side.

Are fixes delivered as jar files to add to the classpath in the plugin.xml?

The fixes are delivered with a special DITA OT plugin named "com.oxygenxml.dost.patches" and they only work with a specific DITA OT version (in this case 3.5.4).
Are these fixes specific to publishing with Oxygen or can they be used for any output type?

The fixes I enumerated above are for any output type, most of them are in the DITA OT pre processing stages which are similar for any output type.

On 1/22/21 22:44, Jay Sadler wrote:

Hi Radu,

Could you provide details on the differences between the vanilla DITA-OT, and the DITA-OT with the various small fixes bundled in the Oxygen Publishing Englne?

Are fixes delivered as jar files to add to the classpath in the plugin.xml?

Are these fixes specific to publishing with Oxygen or can they be used for any output type?

Jay