Dita to Confluence #content-delivery

carole.c.girard@...

Has anyone managed to link and properly display a dita file directly from bitbucket to Confluence?

All our source files for our documentation are in Dita , stored on a repository in bitbucket.
I did try several plugins ( bitbucket url ,HTML from bob swift (XML).  markdown plugin, etc. , with partial success. Either tables or images are not displayed properly or at all.

Has anyone managed to push dita files directly to Confluence using the HTML from Bob swift plugin that  transforms xml via an xslt to Confluence?

I did find the dita2 confluence plugin , but since it is no longer supported I am reluctant to use it.

kind regards

Radu Coravu

Hi Carole,

I found that what worked best for me was to publish DITA to Word and then import the Word to confluence:

https://blog.oxygenxml.com/topics/dita_to_confluence.html

On 8/25/20 8:05 PM, carole.c.girard@... wrote:

Has anyone managed to link and properly display a dita file directly from bitbucket to Confluence?

All our source files for our documentation are in Dita , stored on a repository in bitbucket.
I did try several plugins ( bitbucket url ,HTML from bob swift (XML).  markdown plugin, etc. , with partial success. Either tables or images are not displayed properly or at all.

Has anyone managed to push dita files directly to Confluence using the HTML from Bob swift plugin that  transforms xml via an xslt to Confluence?

I did find the dita2 confluence plugin , but since it is no longer supported I am reluctant to use it.

kind regards

carole.c.girard@...

Hi,

yes I saw the posts that suggested to use word. But being allergic to Word 8-)  it did not seem like a good option. the true reason is that we already support Dita, PDF and HTML5 for our existing documentation. WE just did not want to add another format.

The approach that we will use, until there is a true Dita to confluence plugin, is as follows

Generate our dita files in HTML5 (which are stored in Bitbucket)
Use the Bob Swift HTML plugin to  link our html files stored on Bitbucket.
For the images, because this is one thing that does not work properly, we insert them in the dita as a URL pointing to bitbucket.

This way, when the file is updated, it is automatically also updated in Confluence, where ever it is used.

We are now looking for a way to embed the image in the HTML because we don't want to expose our Stash URL, but this is the topic of another post.

kind regards