Topics

Ant and using xmlcatalog with xslt or xmltask #XSLT

Eric Sirois

Hi,

I want to run some processes in the depend.preprocess.pre stage of the OT.  So that means that the topics still have the doctypes in the documents.  The issue is that neither the <xmltask> nor the <xslt> process is able to properly find the catalog entry for the DTD (custom or OASIS). I am even trying to run things independently of the OT in oxygen, but just using the OT catalogs and it's still not working.

In oxygen I loaded the libraries saxon, xercesImpl xml-apis, xml-resolver, and ant-apache-resolver.  Am I missing some? Has anyone else been able to run an Ant task using the catalogs in a pre-process task. I have run things inside our publishing engine without issue, but it loads a ton of jars into memory but runs without any issues. I need it to run within an OT plugin.

Eric Sirois

Looks like this is not the first time folks have run into this issue.

Ant Trax cannot find DTD or read catalog in HTML plugin

I will try the solution that Ray used.  If anyone else has any suggestions, please feel free to reply.

On Thursday, April 23, 2020, 08:58:21 p.m. EDT, Eric Sirois <easirois@...> wrote:

Hi,

I want to run some processes in the depend.preprocess.pre stage of the OT.  So that means that the topics still have the doctypes in the documents.  The issue is that neither the <xmltask> nor the <xslt> process is able to properly find the catalog entry for the DTD (custom or OASIS). I am even trying to run things independently of the OT in oxygen, but just using the OT catalogs and it's still not working.

In oxygen I loaded the libraries saxon, xercesImpl xml-apis, xml-resolver, and ant-apache-resolver.  Am I missing some? Has anyone else been able to run an Ant task using the catalogs in a pre-process task. I have run things inside our publishing engine without issue, but it loads a ton of jars into memory but runs without any issues. I need it to run within an OT plugin.

Eric Sirois

Woohoo!  That resolves the issue.

<xmlcatalog id="ditaCatalog">
<catalogpath>
<fileset dir="${dita.dir}" includes="**/catalog.xml"/>
<fileset dir="${dita.dir}" includes="**/catalog-dita.xml"/>
</catalogpath>
</xmlcatalog>

[...]

Radu Coravu

Hi Eric,

There was a similar discussion on the DITA OT issues list:

https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3142

On 4/24/20 4:11 AM, Eric Sirois wrote:

[...]

Hi Radu,

Thanks, will read through that one too