Topics

managing #reltable

Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

When I was first getting to grips with DITA, it took me a long time to work out that reltables didn't have to be in three columns and used to manage links across three types of topic … but the penny dropped, and I started using two-column reltables for bidirectional links. Really handy, of course, to be able to see an overview in one place. As far as I've managed to work out, though, a one-way cross-ref needs to use a <related links> inside the starting topic.
Enlightenment, hints and tips welcome!

Yves Barbion

Hi Niels

You can use the @linking attribute on the topicrefs in the relatable for one-way xrefs: