Topics

Inserting Content Before a ToC #DITA-OT #PDF

Wanda Phillips

I have a client looking at switching to DITA and they've been putting content ahead of the ToC, I don't know if I can replicate that in DITA output or if I will simply restructure their book (more than I am currently), but in case they make it a priority, is there a way to insert content ahead of the ToC in PDF output?

Wanda
Write Livelihood

Mica Semrick

If you use the Bookmap type of map, there are elements to do it automatically.

Otherwise, you'll need to make a DITA-OT plugin customization to do so.

On February 28, 2020 9:40:07 AM PST, Wanda Phillips <wanda.jane@...> wrote:
I have a client looking at switching to DITA and they've been putting content ahead of the ToC, I don't know if I can replicate that in DITA output or if I will simply restructure their book (more than I am currently), but in case they make it a priority, is there a way to insert content ahead of the ToC in PDF output?

Wanda
Write Livelihood

Larry Kollar

We customized the PDF plugin to insert revision history after the title page. Definitely use the bookmap for this kind of thing.

Wanda Phillips

Excellent, thank you. I'm not as familiar with the bookmap, but I will certainly become familiar. I can see it in my future.