Topics

creating Webhelp Publication TOC from Bookmap #Oxygen #HTML5

Matt Lorenzi

So for better or worse, when we first created ditamaps in FrameMaker we created bookmaps - presumably to allow for chapter headings, frontmatter, etc.

Now in Oxygen, I would like to use the same ditamap (bookmap) I used to create a PDF to also create a Webhelp Responsive output.

The build goes ahead, but does not create the Publication TOC on the left sidebar. Same thing with the Breadcrumbs. I have the parameter set to "yes" for both of these, but the TOC and the Breadcrumbs do not appear.

Is there something else that needs to be done if using a bookmap to create a Responsive Webhelp transformation?

Radu Pisoi

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this issue with a sample bookmap having the following structure:
<bookmap>
<booktitle>...</booktitle>
<bookmeta>
</bookmeta>
<frontmatter>
</frontmatter>
<chapter>
</chapter>
<chapter>
</chapter>
<backmatter>
<booklists>
</booklists>
</backmatter>
</bookmap>

The build goes ahead, but does not create the Publication TOC on the left sidebar. Same thing with the Breadcrumbs. I have the parameter set to "yes" for both of these, but the TOC and the Breadcrumbs do not appear.
Is there something else that needs to be done if using a bookmap to create a Responsive Webhelp transformation?

The Publication TOC and Breadcrumbs are displayed by default, it is not necessary to set any parameter to display them.

Could you send us a sample bookmap on support@... to reproduce this problem?
Radu Pisoi
http://www.oxygenxml.com
On 2/18/2020 9:32 PM, Matt Lorenzi via Groups.Io wrote:
So for better or worse, when we first created ditamaps in FrameMaker we created bookmaps - presumably to allow for chapter headings, frontmatter, etc.

Now in Oxygen, I would like to use the same ditamap (bookmap) I used to create a PDF to also create a Webhelp Responsive output.

The build goes ahead, but does not create the Publication TOC on the left sidebar. Same thing with the Breadcrumbs. I have the parameter set to "yes" for both of these, but the TOC and the Breadcrumbs do not appear.

Is there something else that needs to be done if using a bookmap to create a Responsive Webhelp transformation?

Matt Lorenzi

I am wondering perhaps if part of the problem is my folder structure and hierarchy. Could this play a part in building a successful TOC/Breadcrumb. I will try to mimic what works successfully with the sample projects that ship with Oxygen. If no luck, I will forward on the bookmap. Many thanks!