Topics

Shout-out to Oxygen's technical support #Oxygen

Matt Lorenzi

I was looking for a thread on this, but could not find anything, so here we go.

I recently switched over to Oxygen XML Author and have been very pleased with the level of support I have received.
This includes support within Oxygen's own user forums, here in the DITA group, Write the Docs Slack channel, and through direct email contact.

This has all made the transition from our other authoring tool much more manageable.

Through all of this I do get the sense that the Oxygen team firmly believe in their product and the validity of DITA for structured authoring.

Now to get some further buy-in from management at work so we can expand our docs team from just one ;-)

I am in complete agreement with you Matt!
Oxygen has been wonderful as product, and SyncroSoft has been most supportive. (I only wish they were in a NA time zone! )
Grant Hogarth
Technical Writer, Services Tools team
Workiva Inc.
1700 Platte St, Suite 200, Denver, Colorado 80202
Mobile: 1-801-815-8353

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 10:21 AM Matt Lorenzi via Groups.Io <mjlorenzi=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I was looking for a thread on this, but could not find anything, so here we go.

I recently switched over to Oxygen XML Author and have been very pleased with the level of support I have received.
This includes support within Oxygen's own user forums, here in the DITA group, Write the Docs Slack channel, and through direct email contact.

This has all made the transition from our other authoring tool much more manageable.

Through all of this I do get the sense that the Oxygen team firmly believe in their product and the validity of DITA for structured authoring.

Now to get some further buy-in from management at work so we can expand our docs team from just one ;-)

Matt Lorenzi

Lol, yes, the 24hour response cycle - but still, next morning there'd be an email ;)

Chris Papademetrious

Matt, thanks for posting this.

I can't agree strongly enough. The support we get from SyncroSoft is heads-and-shoulders better than any other software vendor we deal with.

We are in the process of transitioning about 45 writers to Oxygen XML Author and DITA. Without the support we received from the Oxygen folks, this would not be happening. They enabled it through many patient support cases over a period of months with just plain old me and my single Oxygen license.

I think what impresses me most is that they are always patient and willing to help -- even when they get asked the same questions over and over -- even when the answer is right there in the manual -- even when it's such a specific situation that nobody else would ever run into it. They treat every question like the customer depends on it.

(We also wouldn't be migrating without the extremely supportive folks in this forum too!)

Danielle Wong

I have to agree with you guys.  The oxygenxml team cannot be beat! Really friendly, supportive, kind, and always clear explanations.  I have yet to see any other software company that has half the support system.

Danielle

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:54 PM, Chris Papademetrious
<chrispitude@...> wrote:
[...]

Thomas Rathkamp

Ditto to all that has been said. I would think twice about employing DITA without Oxygen. There is bias in my comment, for sure. But the ease of use combined with the awesome support of the company makes it a slam dunk for me.

<chrispitude@...> wrote:
[...]

Ozana Dragomir

I strongly agree with everything that's been said, the oXygen support team is the best!

Ozana

Thanks to everybody who contributed to the thread for the kind words.
We are happy and proud to be working for you, your questions and improvement ideas help us improve Oxygen further.

And just another accolade for the Oxygen Technical Support team and their overnight support. I've never experienced this level of support with any other software vendor!

Wonderful product and wonderful team.

Happily entering my second decade of using Oxygen XML Editor on a daily basis ...

OASIS Distinguished Contributor

On 2/15/2020 3:51 AM, Radu Coravu wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to everybody who contributed to the thread for the kind words.
We are happy and proud to be working for you, your questions and improvement ideas help us improve Oxygen further.

Jochem de Vos

(Happily created a groups.io account to reply this thread)

I don't work much anymore with Oxygen (unfortunately), but definitely a great product with a great team supporting it.