Topics

Glossary in a table #PDF #Oxygen #glossary

Matt Lorenzi

I am using Oxygen to create a PDF output from a ditamap.
I would like my glossentry and glossterm sit next to each other rather than stacked, which is the default <block> behaviour.
I've tried to modify the CSS, playing around with display, position, padding, etc. Nothing works as I would like, so I think the best solution is to create a two-column table.
I am guessing this is something that has to be done with. XSLT? I have found snippets of code that should work, but don't know if I have to create a new XSLT file, or if there is one I can ad this to.
I'm in a bit of a crunch, so don't have time to dig too deep right now.

Radu Coravu

Hi Matt,

You could use a custom CSS which would define the glossterm and the glossdef as cells. And the parent element would have display table row. Something like:

*[class~="glossentry/glossterm"],
*[class~="glossentry/glossdef"]{
display:table-cell !important;
}

*[class~="glossentry/glossentry"]{
display:table-row !important;
}

This should work with our latest nightly build of the Oxygen Chemistry publishing engine.
If you are using the PDF Chemistry engine from Oxygen 21.1 and this does not work for you, maybe you can try using some display:inline-block displays on the elements.

<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

On 1/28/2020 10:09 PM, Matt Lorenzi via Groups.Io wrote:
I am using Oxygen to create a PDF output from a ditamap.
I would like my *glossentry* and *glossterm* sit next to each other rather than stacked, which is the default <block> behaviour.
I've tried to modify the CSS, playing around with display, position, padding, etc. Nothing works as I would like, so I think the best solution is to create a two-column table.
I am guessing this is something that has to be done with. *XSLT*? I have found snippets of code that should work, but don't know if I have to create a new XSLT file, or if there is one I can ad this to.
I'm in a bit of a crunch, so don't have time to dig too deep right now.

Matt Lorenzi

Hi Radu,

Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly the CSS you suggested did not work with the Oxygen Chemistry that is bundled with Oxygen 21.1 - returns a FATAL error. I will try some variations of display:inline-block for now.

Cheers,
Matt

Radu Coravu

Hi Matt,

Right, in Oxygen 22 which we plan to release in about a week or two you will be able to mark those two elements as table cells and their parent as a table row and the PDF output will present them side by side.
But in the meantime you can try using inline-block display and see how far that takes you.

<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

On 1/29/2020 8:21 PM, Matt Lorenzi via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Radu,
Thanks for the suggestion! Sadly the CSS you suggested did not work with the Oxygen Chemistry that is bundled with Oxygen 21.1 - returns a FATAL error. I will try some variations of display:inline-block for now.
Cheers,
Matt

Matt Lorenzi

That's cool! I imagine I will be able to upgrade to version 22 as a subscription user? Excited to try this function!

Radu Coravu

Hi Matt,

Oxygen XML Editor subscription users as far as I know always benefit of the newest releases:

Support and Maintenance Pack is included, this means priority technical support and free upgrades to all major and minor released versions during the subscription period.

<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com

On 1/30/2020 7:38 PM, Matt Lorenzi via Groups.Io wrote:
That's cool! I imagine I will be able to upgrade to version 22 as a subscription user? Excited to try this function!

Matt Lorenzi

Just updated to version 22. This is what I wanted. A bit of CSS and bingo! Thanks for implementing this.