Topics

dita-users successfully transferred to Groups.io #admin

Kristen James Eberlein

Hi, Chris.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's an option to get Groups.io to get the missing messages. Yahoo! is barely functioning, and so Groups.io currently is not doing any transfers. I'm glad we moved relatively quickly to Groups.io!

If someone wants to compile the missing messages and upload them to dita-users@groups.io, that would be an option.

The cost for a year's premium membership was USD 220. (It doubled between the time I first looked at Groups.io and when I purchased the membership!) This covered the transfer. For now, I'm OK with having my company pay for the membership, but I certainly appreciate your generous offer.

On 11/12/2019 8:52 AM, Chris Papademetrious wrote:
Hi Kris,

Is there someone at groups.io we can contact about getting the missing messages included?

Also, I recall that groups.io is not free (the conversion or annual or both?). I'd be happy to donate to help defray costs. This group has been incredibly helpful to my own work and I'd be happy to support it in return.

 - Chris

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 4:42 AM Kristen James Eberlein <kris@...> wrote:
I just got the formal notice from Groups.io. Hopefully every active
(non-bouncing) subscriber to the list will have gotten an e-mail.

It looks as if the most recent messages (between 12 October 2019 and
today) were not transferred.

Please stop posting to the old address (dita-users@...) and
begin posting to dita-users@groups.io.

Matt Lorenzi

Is there an option to edit a post? For example if the original post is unclear, or some errors? I believe it is possible on this platform, but might need to be permitted by the admin? Just an idea...