Topics

Hashtags #admin

David H

Hi,

I've just looked at dita-users@groups.io, and seen that there are 30 Hashtags in use.

I think this is a great idea, and a very useful departure from what was available on Yahoo. To be useful, though, folks need to use them!

I'm a member of a couple of other groups on groups.io, and these groups send out a monthly 'Group Guidelines'. I'm pretty sure that this group does not need such a reminder, however, I thought it might be useful to regularly remind folks which Hashtags are available. It would also put the list in everyone's inbox, nice and handy.

Would that be an idea?

HTH,
David

I agree, but it should be easier to add hashtags after the fact. (or maybe I'm just clueless? <grin> )

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 12:04 PM David H <djbhollis@...> wrote:
Hi,

I've just looked at dita-users@groups.io, and seen that there are 30 Hashtags in use.

I think this is a great idea, and a very useful departure from what was available on Yahoo. To be useful, though, folks need to use them!

I'm a member of a couple of other groups on groups.io, and these groups send out a monthly 'Group Guidelines'. I'm pretty sure that this group does not need such a reminder, however, I thought it might be useful to regularly remind folks which Hashtags are available. It would also put the list in everyone's inbox, nice and handy.

Would that be an idea?

HTH,
David

--
Grant Hogarth 
Technical Writer, SA Tools
Workiva Inc. 
1700 Platte St, Suite 200, Denver, Colorado 80202 
Mobile: 1-801-815-8353 

Kristen James Eberlein

Hi, David.

Right now, moderators apply hashtags -- and create new ones when needed. If we open up this policy, we'll certainly consider what you suggest.

Moderators can edit topic titles to apply hashtags after an e-mail is sent.

Best,
Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)

On 1/13/2020 2:04 PM, David H wrote:
Hi,

Would that be an idea?

HTH,
David