Topics

specialized figures -- titles and counters and xrefs, oh my! #specialization

Chris Papademetrious

Hi everyone!

We have some specializations of <fig> in our DITA grammar. Has anyone here extended the html5 transformation to specialize separate title labels and counters for <fig> specializations?

It looks like figure captions are created in

<dita-ot>/plugins/org.dita.html5/xsl/topic.xsl

at

<!-- Figure caption -->

and <xref> text content is created in

<dita-ot>/org.dita.base/xsl/preprocess/topicpullImpl.xsl

at

<!-- Pull link text for a figure. Uses mode="topicpull:figure-linktext" to output the text.  -->

I don't see any pre-placed hooks for specialization in there, so I suspect this is a roll-your-own exercise. But before I make the attempt, I figured I'd see if anyone else has figured this out.

Thanks in advance!

 - Chris