Topics

FrameMaker use with DITA CCMS: Support for authoring and PDF publishing #FrameMaker #CCMS

Kristen James Eberlein

Hi, Stefan.

Thanks for pointing me to the Web page; I did not know that XDocs, DITAtoo, and Vasont supported FrameMaker; I was more aware of the fact that neither IXIASOFT or the SDL CCMS product has support for using FrameMaker for authoring.

According to https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/cms-integration.html:

DITA CCMS
Versions of FrameMaker supported
XDocs
2019 release
DITAToo
2019 release, 12, 11
Vasont 2017 release, 2015 release, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7.2

(I am leaving out products that are NOT DITA CCMS.)

Frank's requirements are to use FrameMaker for both authoring and publishing PDFs. Do the above products support that? Is a Server license for FrameMaker required?

Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 02:27:52 -0800
From: Stefan Gentz via Groups.Io <gentz@...>
To: dita-users@groups.io

Hi Kris,

"… rules out many of the CCMS solutions."
Out-of-the-box FrameMaker comes with built-in connectors for Adobe Experience Manager, DitaExchange, Documentum, SharePoint, and SharePoint Online.
But there are many more CMS that have an integration with FrameMaker. The (probably not even complete) list can be found here:
https://www.adobe.com/products/framemaker/cms-integration.html

Cheers,
Stefan

Wim Hooghwinkel

I can confirm that DITAToo and FrameMaker work very well together, both for authoring and publishing. With the dita-fmx plugin in FM and the right setup the combination even supports publishing translated ditamaps without manual intervention.

Often used combination as well is FrameMaker for authoring and MiramoPDF for publishing - all managed from within the DITAToo CCMS.

Thanks,

Vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Wim Hooghwinkel