Re: Looking for a way to automatically generate DITA OT project file #DITA-OT

Chris Papademetrious

Hi Antony,

We face a similar chicken-and-egg issue with our DITA-OT project file. We use it as a "main file" in Oxygen, but it is often not kept up to date as books are added, removed, or renamed.

Here is an idea. Maps could self-declare themselves as top-level maps for specific publication formats:

<map>
    <title>My Book</title>
    <topicmeta>
        <othermeta name="publication" content="pdf"/>
        <othermeta name="publication" content="webhelp"/>
    </topicmeta>

A script could then create a DITA-OT project file with <context> and <publication> elements derived from this metadata. What do you think?