We updated the free Oxygen Translator Helper add-on to version
1.1.0 with additional support to use the DeepL translator for
To install it you can use the Oxygen main menu "Help->Install
new add-ons", choose the default Oxygen add-on update site and you
will find an add-on named "Translator Helper" in the list. To
update the existing add-on you can use the Oxygen main menu
Help->"Check for add-ons updates" action.
Just to recap, the add-on has two main features:
- You can translate content using "Google Translate" or "DeepL"
to various languages:
- Select the content to translate in the Author
visual editing mode. You can also select the entire document
contents but the translator might have limitations for the
total amount they can translate.
- Right click. Select "Translate->Google Translate" or
"Translate->DeepL Translator" and choose the target
- Copy the translated content from the opened web page.
- Click Replace in the Oxygen Translate using
Google Translate dialog that showed up. The original
content should now be replaced with the translated content,
the original element structure and attributes should remain
- In addition you can choose to show the original document
content in the Translator Helper side view. This
will allow you to correct the translation further by looking
at the original text and the translated text side by side.
- You can see the original content side by side with the
content that you are translating, so you can translate correctly
and easy by right clicking in the Author visual editing mode and
invoking the Show current content in side view action.
I hope you will find the updated add-on useful and as always any
feedback for it is welcomed.
Oxygen XML Editor