Displaying links between DITA topics as a diagram

Radu Coravu

Hi everyone,

About a week or two ago I experimented with taking a DITA Map and using the VisJS Javascript library to create a diagram containing nodes for each topic along with arrows showing which topics refer to each other.

I wrote a blog post about this if anyone else is curious to try this out:

https://blog.oxygenxml.com/topics/creating_graphs_from_dita_maps.html

and here's the graph that is obtained for the Oxygen XML Blog DITA Map:

https://blog.oxygenxml.com/resources/sampleGraphBlog.html

You can interact with the diagram by dragging topics or using the mouse wheel to zoom in or out.