Re: Anyone Using Elasticsearch to Index DITA Content?

ekimber@contrext.com

That sounds very interesting. I'll take a look at that docs-bulk.html link.

´╗┐On 6/10/21, 10:44 AM, "Toshihiko Makita" <main@dita-users.groups.io on behalf of tmakita@antenna.co.jp> wrote:

I have experienced to develop DITA full test search pilot project last year via AWS Elasticsearch before the conflict between AWS and elastic.co.
This search is integrated into the DITA to HTML (or .php) publishing result. Following are several things I have done:

* Use "curl" (or "awscurl") to generate index in AWS Elastic search.
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/docs-index_.html
* Convert DITA map & topics into JSON and execute "bulk" operation.
https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/docs-bulk.html
* Develop PHP program that accepts search request from client browser and return the search result from Elasticsearch as JSON.
* The JSON search results are edited by JavaScript and displayed in the browser.
* By clicking the search result, a user can reach the target Web page.

It was very exciting experience because I must learn about AWS operations and develop PHP and JavaScript (TypeScript) programs which I haven't ever knew.
Unfortunately it is still pilot project. However it will be integrated into user Web publishing system in the feature.

--
Toshihiko Makita