Re: Something like ditaval, but for topics or smaller?

Kristen James Eberlein

Branch filtering

OASIS Distinguished Contributor

On 5/11/2021 4:22 PM, despopoulos_chriss via groups.io wrote:
Hi all...  We have a need to filter a superset list in different ways for different topics in the same book.  Is there some construct in DITA to do this?

EXAMPLE:

<ul id="superset>
<li audience="FOO">AAA</li>
<li>BBB</li>
<li audience="BAR">CCC</li>
</ul>

<topic id="FOO_Topic">
<!-- Should hide FOO and show BBB and CCC -->
</topic>

<topic id="BAR_Topic">
<!-- Should hide BAR and show AAA and BBB -->
</topic>

I know I could do it this way (below), but that's so much work!  At scale it can be hard to maintain.  Does DITA give us anything easier?

<ul id="superset>
<li id="A_Item">AAA</li>
<li id="B_Item">BBB</li>
<li id="C_Item">CCC</li>