Re: DITA and static site generators

Michael McLoughlin

Hi Mark,
             Principally the lack of YAML headers. I have noticed too that the markdown_github transform changes HTML tables into PHP Extra format tables - and not very well. Not sure why they cannot just be left in HTML.
I think LwDITA has a ways to go before it is enterprise ready. Not sure how much it will change now before its release. I had an exchange recently with  Michael Priestley on LinkedIn and he reckons it'll be early 2022 before it comes out.

I think the improvements it needs will only really come about once it is let loose in the real world and people start developing more plugins and the tools folks like Oxygen and Adobe start really getting involved.