Re: DITA and static site generators

Mark Giffin

Hi Michael,

What is missing for you to be able to use MDITA with Jekyll, Hugo, Docusaurus? Is it just the YAML header or other things?

I've converted between different flavors of markdown (there are lots of them), and often things like tables are also different.

Regards,
Mark Giffin
Mark Giffin Consulting, Inc.

On 3/19/2021 6:59 AM, Michael McLoughlin wrote:

That's really interesting, Wayne.

How are you handling things like keys and conrefs?

What drew me to trying MDITA was that I could include keys, conrefs and filters directly into the Markdown (with a little HTML5). Admittedly, the tool support is not there yet for LwDITA and I'd really love someone to do a transform plugin that preserved the extended MDITA YAML header in the Markdown so they files could be plugged into Jekyll or Hugo or Docusaurus. Unfortunately I don't have the Java chops to write one myself.

I think being able to plugin DITA directly into static site generator would be a great advantage as an alternative to styling the HTML5 plugin or even the Oxygen Webhelp plugin.