Re: DITA and static site generators

Michael McLoughlin

That's really interesting, Wayne.

How are you handling things like keys and conrefs?

What drew me to trying MDITA was that I could include keys, conrefs and filters directly into the Markdown (with a little HTML5). Admittedly, the tool support is not there yet for LwDITA and I'd really love someone to do a transform plugin that preserved the extended MDITA YAML header in the Markdown so they files could be plugged into Jekyll or Hugo or Docusaurus. Unfortunately I don't have the Java chops to write one myself.

I think being able to plugin DITA directly into static site generator would be a great advantage as an alternative to styling the HTML5 plugin or even the Oxygen Webhelp plugin.