Re: New installation of the DITA-OT #DITA-OT

Dan Vint

I think you need to quote the path because of the space in "Program Files". Quote the whole path and I think it will work.

-------- Original message --------
From: Nancy Roberts <nanr93@...>
Date: 2/27/21 7:11 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@dita-users.groups.io
Subject: Re: [dita-users] New installation of the DITA-OT #DITA-OT

Whoops, I pasted the wrong example. Like I said, I'm good with GUI-based tools. I've never done anything serious with the command line. This is sort of a trial by fire.

So now my problem is the input path. I've tried every combination of .\ and ..\ that I can think of. I can't find the right combination to run the sample map provided in the OT. The map's path is C:\Program Files\dita-ot-3.6\docsrc\samples\sequence.ditamp. I set the PATH environment variable to C:\Program Files\dita-ot-3.6\bin.

How do I run this command? Running the suggested syntax gets me nowhere:
--input=sequence.ditamap --format=html5
Error: Failed to run pipeline: [DOTA069F][FATAL] Input file 'file:/C:/Program%20Files/dita-ot-3.6/sequence.ditamap' cannot be located or read. Ensure that file was specified properly and that you have permission to access it.

Adding some combination of .\ and ..\ makes it worse.
Help...

Thanks!
Nancy