Re: hide and seek

Chris Brand

Hi

Hm, I would keep it as part of the document structure and don't try to hide it. Maybe move it to a troubleshooting section after the main chapters? You said "...if they made a mistake". That screams for troubleshooting. So, if something goes wrong, you could direct the readers to this dedicated chapter.

Hope it helps.

Chris

Am 23.02.21 um 20:59 schrieb Aaron Mehl via groups.io:

Hi all,
I have a document with a topic that I don't want displayed, but at the same time I want it available to users if need be.
This might be with a link or maybe outside the flow of the entire document.
But since it isn't an essential part of the document, I don't want it included in the web output.

I have for example a topic which contains subtopics called editing Accounts. My document is about creating accounts but if they made a mistake they need to find editing accounts.

Now for my question:
How do I hide editing accounts in my Dita map? Now it is included in my map as a subtopic to creating accounts, and disturbing the flow of the document.
Where should I put it in my dita map, if at all?
Is there a way to leave it in-place, and somehow just hide it?

Thanks,
Aaron