Re: PHP microservice using dita #HTML5

Jingjun Long

hi Jack,

I assume there will be multiple requests from Web browser to render XML to HTML output. I.e.: there will be multiple instances of converting XML to HTML running concurrently. I think your approach (Create a web service in Java to call Data-OT)  is a good approach.

To call DITA-OT from Java program is documented here: https://www.dita-ot.org/dev/reference/java-api.html

Can you show the detail error message you got?

J.J.

On Jan 27, 2021, at 3:41 PM, jack10086007@... wrote:

Hi Don,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Yes, it is currently just a single topic/concept, not even require formatting.

What I have tried so far:

1. Created a controller through the maven project, and inside PHP fetched that endpoint. However, I failed to use Java API as shown on the doc. Error message was 'Transtype xhtml not supported'.

2. Then, I was currently trying to wrap everything inside docker but was blocked by setting up JAVA HOME environment variable.

May I please ask if you have any better solutions? Thank you very much and wish you could have a lovely night!

Cheers,
Jack