From: main@dita-users.groups.io <main@dita-users.groups.io> On Behalf Of r.roggen
Sent: Monday, December 21, 2020 7:54 AM
To: main@dita-users.groups.io
Subject: Re: [dita-users] conref and filtering

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

Branch filtering occurs in a different pre-processing stage than the args.filter-based processing. That may explain some of the discrepancies you'll see. When I'm tackling an issue with filters and conrefs or conkeyrefs myself, I usually go back and read these:

I've run into challenges like yours, and usually the solution (not ideal, but a solution) was to find a way to profile the source element rather than an element within the target. In your example, that might mean including <section> in the source topic and conref'ing in the <p> elements instead. There are many ways to address this, though, depending on your authoring environment and your reuse requirements.

Reece

Reece, thanks for sharing these links –