Re: DITA to Markdown

Radu Coravu

Hi Chris,

About (1), it's already registered as an issue, there is a parameter controlling this though:

https://github.com/jelovirt/org.lwdita/issues/65

About (2) have you tried to enable Oxygen's "fix.external.refs" parameter in the transformation scenario? It may help with such cases.

On 11.12.2020 17:34, despopoulos_chriss via groups.io wrote:

Hi all...

I want to send some sets of DITA topics to a system that displays markdown.  So I would like to transform a book to Markdown.  Has anybody else done this?  I know it's kind of backward -- the usual flow is to incorporate MD in your DITA book so you can take collaborations from other departments/people.  But we are doing what we are doing...

Using oXygen, I can add a Markdown scenario and a GitBook scenario.  I presume these are ultimately coming from the DITA OT.  These seem to have two oddities.
  1. The resulting MD files have a .html extension
    This will get to be a pain as we scale up.  Anybody know of some way to change the file extension?
  2. The map MUST be above or with the topics in the file tree
    AFAIK, this is preferred, but not required in the spec.  Not a biggie, but it seems to fail pretty silently, with a soft warning about hierarchy, and then it just doesn't generate the topic files.  Took me a while to figure that one out...

Anyway, we'll see if we can make this workflow work out...  Thanks in advance for any ideas.